meta http-equiv=”refresh” content=”0;URL=’http://www.wellfieldchurch.com/'” / wellfield church: Wish I could have a chat with Russell Brand

Pages

Wish I could have a chat with Russell Brand



That's assuming I would be able to get a word in.

Just watched Russell Brand on Newsnight, and, although his high-energy speeches and unnecessary use of long words become tedious, it was fascinating to hear him say that he believes in God, is scared of death, and wants to make himself a better person but isn't finding it very easy.

It made me really want to have the chance to chat to him. He's reaching out for something greater than himself, but he doesn't know where to look. I am so grateful that I don't have to reach out into the darkness and find nothing to grab onto. Various people showed me, all those years ago, how I could meet God and be confident in the face of life and death. Where do we meet God? Only in the person of Jesus.

It is life. No guilt or slavery to my own weaknesses. No sting in death. Jesus said "I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."