It’s been a good month to look back on (as well as a good year!), on the whole. Some of the highlights?:
• We’ve got a building - and we’re beginning to learn how we can best use it.
• Teaching on Mark 1-5 has been good, with fun all-age talks and Sunday Club detectives.
• We’ve never been able to get a Christianity Explored group together before - but what a great time that’s been!
• The open day on Dec 22nd was an excellent time.
• And there’s been a steady stream of new faces since the summer.
That said, we’ve had to start learning for the first time how to deal with the little niggling differences of opinion between ourselves. Thankfully, we did predict such things would happen. Lessons to learn?:
• Keep communicating - and never gossipping about frustrations!
• Be quick to listen, slow to speak … (James 1:19).
• Keep remembering what’s good with thanksgiving to God - and pray, pray, pray! (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)
• Remember it’s a spiritual battle, not against flesh and blood. (Ephesians 6:12).
We’re also going to work harder to make growth group function well. And the leadership team will now meet monthly, with so many more things to discuss. Next meeting we’ll plan a few ‘events’; please let us know if you have any suggestions, or you would like to organise something.
As we get into 1 Thessalonians, we will find out how to be a model church. I think we’re a wonderful little church to be a part of - and what a privilege. But my prayer is that we will learn all the more how to be “blameless and holy” in God’s eyes (3:13).
With love, Mark